This simple yet powerful team reflection exercise can be used to help an individual and their group draw from personal experiences to navigate a current, challenging situation.
- Ask each person individually to reflect on this prompt:
- Think of a time when you were outside your comfort or facing a significant challenge. Describe the who, what, when, where or the situation.
- Give each person at least five minutes to reflect.
- Ask each person to discuss their situation with another person in pairs. Give each pair about 5-10 minutes.
- Ask each person to take 5 minutes to individually reflect on the following questions:
- How did you survive that situation?
- What did you learn from that moment?
- Reconvene as a group and ask participants to share their key learnings.