Several sessions from the 2014 Civil War Institute Summer Conference were featured on C-SPAN 3 on June 21. The sessions will re-air various times.
The Gettysburg College Civil War Institute hosts a conference exploring "The War in 1864," and American History TV had LIVE all-day coverage on Saturday, June 21 from 8:45am to 4:45pm ET. Scheduled speakers were:
· 8:45am ET: “Robert E. Lee & the Search of a Battle of Annihilation” – Peter Carmichael, Gettysburg College
· 10am ET: “U.S. Grant and the Problem of Virginia in 1864” – Brooks Simpson, Arizona State University
· 11:15am ET: “The Sand Creek Massacre” – Ari Kelman, University of California, Davis
· 2pm ET: “John Bell Hood’s Tennessee Campaign” – Brian Craig Miller, Emporia State University
· 3:30pm ET: “The Burning of Chambersburg” – Megan Kate Nelson, Brown University
- See more at: http://series.c-span.org/History/Events/Gettysburg-College-Civil-War-Institute-Annual-Summer-Conference/10737444464/#sthash.SDmDW6AY.dpuf