Data Systems is responsible for the planning, management/operations, life cycle support, and new development of IT web/applications capabilities at Gettysburg College.
Supported systems include:
The PeopleSoft Enterprise Resources Planning (ERP) system provides automation data entry, storage and reporting capabilities in the following component areas:
- Human Capital Management
- Campus Solutions
- Financial Services
For support and questions regarding PeopleSoft, please contact one of the following:
- For the Academic Advisement, Admissions, Athletics, Campus Community, Career Development Internship, Celebration, Co-Curricular, Common Application, EPAC, Financial Aid, Off Campus Studies, Progress Reports, Self Service, Student Financials, Student Records, Student Health Choice, and Sunderman Conservatory modules: Gary Milburn or Bharath Srinivasan
- For the Benefits Administration, Flexible Spending, Human Resources, and Payroll modules: David Nettekoven or Bharath Srinivasan
- For the Accounts Payable and General Ledger modules: David Nettekoven, Bharath Srinivasan, or Lisa Weaver
- For the Upperclass Dashboard module: David Nettekoven or Gary Milburn
- For PeopleTools and PeopleBooks: Jim Riley or John Baker
The dotCMS Content Management System (CMS) is used to manage the content and design of the college's public website. The CMS integrates data from several data systems including Peoplesoft, CNAV, and 25Live.
For support, please contact email@example.com.
Advance Web is a best-of-breed application that serves the division of Development, Alumni, and Parent Relations (DAPR). It is designed specifically for use in the higher-education environment. Advance Web helps the DAPR staff track communication with alumni to continue a positive relationship with Gettysburg College after graduation. Funds raised through the various departments in the DAPR division help provide scholarships to students, augment the operational budget, and enable the construction of new building projects, including the John F. Jaeger Center for Athletics, Recreation, and Fitness, which was dedicated in February of 2010.
For user and reporting support, please contact Anne Cherry (Director Advancement Systems).
Smartcall supports the phonathon fundraising and is designed specifically for the higher-education environment. Student workers employed by the Annual Giving office do most of the calling and enter giving information and address updates into the Smartcall system. Entity data from Advance Web is imported into Smartcall, and the giving information and address updates entered by the student workers are transferred back into Advance Web.
Contact Alice Huff (Data Analyst) for more information or with any questions.
The Housing Director is the system of record for tracking students' housing assignments, their dining plans, and all other charges for College Life bills (dorm damage, housing, meal plans, rekey charges, lockout charges, ID card replacement charges). This system is used primarily by Residence Life and Dining Services, but other departments such as Facilities, Public Safety, and Student Financials use this system for informational purposes. MyHousing is the web interface to THD used by students during housing selection to choose roommates and future room assignments, select meal plans or add additional funds for Dining or Vending dollars. Students use MyApplyOnline to apply for early arrival and break housing.
The Campus Navigation Portal (CNAV) was developed by Gettysburg College to provide an information gateway for members of the Gettysburg College community. Each member is provided services and features according to their current relationship to the college.
CNAV accounts are available to the following groups of people:
- Students (Automatic)
- Faculty Members (Automatic)
- Staff (Automatic)
- Administrators (Automatic)
- Alumni (For unofficial transcripts of coursework completed after 1996)
Here are just a few examples of services and features CNAV provides for the Gettysburg College community:
- Drives the content and information behind the myGettysburg accounts and personalized data associated with them
- Guides the electronic First Year Registration process
- Keeps the emergency email and phone notification system contact information up to date
- Allows users to define their own privacy settings
- Uses page groups to enforce content security
- Can be used to build and manage user defined groups and email aliases
- Allows employees to create and use temporary bulk email addresses
- Merges and organizes campus ERP system data into one central location
- Supports the time clock system and manages payroll time sheet data
- Manages and delivers the campus email digests
- Contains customizable survey systems
- Can be used to quickly search for campus information (people/courses/groups)
The Campus Mobile site by Highpoint Mobile is a web-based mobile-friendly application designed to provide students, faculty, and guests of the college with tools to view classes and schedules, pay student bills, and access general information about the campus and our community.
All users can view the calendar of events, the campus map, dining menus, and the course catalog. Users can also search for classes, search the directory, and see the latest videos and athletics headlines.
Student functionality includes the ability to:
- View financial information
- View the Student Account Dashboard and make payments
- View the class schedule, class details and exam schedule
- View the academic record, grades and program
- View advisor information
- View holds
- Create guest accounts to allow their family and friends access to view and/or update their information
Recently added features include the ability to:
- Enroll in courses
- Drop courses
- Swap courses
- Plan courses for each term
Faculty functionality includes the ability to:
- View class rosters with student photos and the ability to email currently enrolled students
- View teaching and exam schedules
- View grade rosters
- Enter student grades
- View advisee roster and contact information
The Event and Conference Scheduler is called 25Live and is created by CollegeNet. The software allows meetings, events, classes and conferences to be scheduled on campus with catering and other resources available.
For questions and support, please contact Sue Plank (Assistant Director of College Life Technology).
For questions regarding 25Live, please contact Cathy Zarrella (Scheduling Coordinator).