Computer Registration / Getting Help / Telephone/TV
Laptop and Desktop registration will be required for both Ethernet and wireless Internet access. All computers and devices capable of running an Antivirus program will be checked for a valid Antivirus program with current definitions. If your computer or device has been previously registered, registration should not be required again.
Mobile Device registration will not require you to have an Antivirus program installed. If your mobile device has been previously registered, registration should not be required again.
Registration procedures are summarized below.
Students, please do not register as a Guest. This is a limited time access account. If you have problems with registration call G-Tech at 717-337-6935 for assistance.
- Must have an Antivirus Program with up to date virus definitions.
- Get to the college network – either plug in with an Ethernet cable or access GBCWiFi wirelessly.
- Open your Internet Browser (Edge, Firefox, Chrome, and Safari).
- Select “I am a Student”
- Do not register as a Guest if you are a Student. Guest accounts are for visitors only. They expire after a few days and cannot be renewed!
- Log on with your Gettysburg college username and password (same as logging on to CNAV).
- Download, save, run and install the temporary “Bradford” software that checks your computer.
- Ignore any warning messages: the agent is safe, temporary, and harmless.
- You will receive a success page if your device has a valid Antivirus program and up-to-date definitions. If you receive a failure, please follow the links to install an Antivirus program of your choice and repeat the registration process.
Smart Devices with a Web Browser (iPhones, Androids, Tablets, etc.)
- Connect to GBCwifi
- Open your smart device browser and type in a random website. (Ex: www.tonkatoys.com)
- Read and follow the instructions carefully
- Log on with your Gettysburg College username and password.
- You will receive a success page once your device has been registered.
iPads and MacBook Air
- On your device, go to Settings> Wi-Fi > gbcwifi
- click on the small i in the circle on gbcwifi, a menu will appear
- look for "Private Address" and turn it off
- While still in Settings on your device, locate Safari
- Look for and disable “Request Desktop Website”. You will now be able to register your device.
Ethernet Network Connection:
Rooms are equipped with Ethernet ports, some rooms with have a Wall Plate with three ports labeled “V,” “D1,” and “D2.” The “D1” and “D2” are the Ethernet Ports. “V” is a Voice Port meant for landline telephone, if one is requested. Some rooms have 2 sets of Ethernet ports in them. *If the set that you are plugging into does not connect your device, please try the other set to see if there is an active port.
Cisco Hospitality AP
Some Rooms are equipped with a Cisco AP, or Cisco Box, on the under side of the Cisco AP you will see 4 ports, the active ports are labeled LAN 1, LAN 2 and LAN 3, the Pass-Through Port is used for connecting a telephone. If you are registering any device on the Ethernet network, through the Cisco AP, you will need to email the MAC Address of those devices to G-Tech.
All Video game consoles and Streaming Devices, including Smart TVs need to be plugged in with an Ethernet Connection. If you need an Ethernet Cable, G-Tech can provide you one, no appointment needed, just stop in between G-Techs open hours.
Game Consoles, Smart TVs and Video Steaming Devices
Game consoles, Smart TVs and video streaming devices are not permitted on the wireless network. Please register these devices on the wired network by following the instructions posted at
G-Tech is available by appointment to help Monday through Friday, 10:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. on the first floor of the West Building. To schedule an appointment, please call 717-337-6935 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also submit a ticket using the Helpdesk system at: https://servicedesk.gettysburg.edu/
A telephone line and/or voicemail for students in College housing will only be provided upon request. Student-provided answering machines are permitted for use on College telephone lines. Students may request college telephone and voicemail service by email at Telcomm@gettysburg.edu or call the Telecom Office at
717-337-6918 or 717-337-7000.