January 13, 2021: Read the latest email sent from the College to the residential cohort on January 13 with important information about the start of the Spring Semester.
Preparations for the spring 2021 semester
In preparing for the spring 2021 semester, the College remains committed to offering an in-person, residential experience for as many students as we can responsibly accommodate. We offer our spring plans with the full knowledge that the COVID-19 virus persists and our plans may need to be adjusted as we approach the start of the spring semester. The college will continue to work closely with public health experts, members of our community, and under the guidance of state and federal health guidelines to implement our plans for the spring semester, which will begin on February 1, 2021.
- Who is invited to return to residence in the spring?
- What type of enforcement of guidelines can we expect in the spring?
- What will the academic experience be like for residential students in the spring?
- What will campus life be like in the spring?
- What health and safety guidelines are in place?
Current status as of 3 p.m., Friday, November 20, 2020
|Students tested as of 11/20/2020||760|
|Students tested who were negative as of 11/20/2020||752|
|* Students tested who were positive as of 11/20/2020||8|
|** Total number of employees who tested positive as of 11/20/2020||3|
* The students who tested positive are in isolation and contact tracing process has been completed.
** Employees are required to alert Human Resources if they have tested positive for COVID-19.
Campus status as of 3 p.m., Friday, November 20, 2020
|Current alert level|
|Number of students now in isolation on campus||7|
|Number of students now in quarantine on campus||21|
|Adams County information||PA Department of Health, WellSpan Hospital|
Cumulative student tests and results since August 5, 2020
|Total number of students who have been tested since 8/5/2020||14,350|
|Total number of students whose tests were negative since 8/5/2020||14,240|
|* Grand total number of students who had a positive test since 8/5/2020||110|
* This number includes 6 students whose tests were initially reported as positive but had recovered from COVID-19; the very sensitive tests the College is using detected leftover viral fragments that are not infectious. This number also includes tests and results from the current week’s report.