September 16, 2020: Read the latest communications for students in the Approved Residential Cohort.
Together with our public health consultants, faculty, and Board of Trustees, the College determined that our best path forward for the remainder of the semester is to de-densify campus by reducing the number of students in residence. To this end, a residential cohort of students will remain on the de-densified campus, while a remote cohort will continue to study virtually, for the remainder of the fall semester.
First-year students, transfer students, international students, and select other students who are unable to return home due to personal or academic reasons.
Students who will not remain in residence will continue their studies remotely for the fall semester.
Current status as of 9 a.m., Monday, October 19, 2020
|Students tested as of 10/11/2020||780|
|Students tested who were negative as of 10/11/2020||775|
|* Students tested who were positive as of 10/11/2020||5|
|** Total number of employees who tested positive as of 10/11/2020||0|
* The students who tested positive are in isolation and contact tracing process has been completed.
** Employees are required to alert Human Resources if they have tested positive for COVID-19.
Campus status as of Monday, October 19, 2020
|Current alert level|
|Number of students now in isolation on campus||6|
|Number of students now in quarantine on campus||13|
|Adams County information||PA Department of Health, WellSpan Hospital|
Cumulative student tests and results since August 5, 2020
|Total number of students who have been tested since 8/5/2020||10,359|
|Total number of students whose tests were negative since 8/5/2020||10,260|
|* Grand total number of students who had a positive test since 8/5/2020||99|
* This number includes 6 students whose tests were initially reported as positive but had recovered from COVID-19; the very sensitive tests the College is using detected leftover viral fragments that are not infectious. This number also includes tests and results from the current week’s report.
- Will I be refunded for my housing, meal plan, or tuition if I am pivoting to remote learning for the remainder of the fall semester?
- How did the College decide which students would remain in residence?
- What will the student experience on the de-densified campus look like?
- What remote learning resources are available to the remote cohort?