Note: The content on this page was current through May, 2021. It is now outdated and will be replaced over Summer 2021 to reflect information for the Fall semester. See Summer Rules for the current COVID-19 behavior rubric.
Student organizations that choose to host events in person are expected to abide by all rules outlined below. Organizations found to be in violation of these protocols will be sanctioned in accordance with the Student organization behavior rubric. Members or guests of organization-sponsored events that are found to be in violation of the individual student expectations will also receive sanctions as outlined in the COVID Rules and Violation Rubric.
- Student organizations are required to actively enforce mask-wearing among attendees of their events. If an attendee does not comply with the request to wear a mask they must be asked to leave the event and the organization must report the incident to the Office of Student Activities & Greek Life.
Physical Distancing Enforcement
- Student organizations are required to actively enforce physical distancing at their events. If an attendee does not comply with the request to physically distance they must be asked to leave the event and the organization must report the incident to the Office of Student Activities & Greek Life. If multiple attendees refuse to engage in physical distancing or the organization loses the ability to manage physical distancing at the event, the organization must end the event.
- All in-person gatherings including meetings, workshops, and social programs must comply with College regulations and local, state, or federal guidelines.
- Student organizations must abide by the following gathering limits:
- Indoor spaces: gatherings may not exceed the posted capacity signage of a room or 8 students if a sign does not exist.
- Outdoor spaces: gatherings may not exceed more than 8 people unless a College employee is present.
Event Registration and Attendance Tracking
- All in-person events and meetings must be registered through 25Live and approved by the Office of Student Activities & Greek Life.
- Student organizations must have an approved safety plan for all in-person events and meetings. Plans must be submitted to the Office of Student Activities & Greek Life through an online form.
- Student organizations must track attendance at all in-person events through the engageGettysburg system. Attendance lists are due through the platform within 48 hours after the event taking place.
Training and Event Supervision
- Student organizations may not host in-person events or meetings until at least one member has completed the COVID-19 protocols training through the Office of Student Activities & Greek Life. Students that are part of the Residential Cohort can find this training under the “My Checklists” tab on engageGettysburg.
- Student organizations must have at least one member that has completed the COVID-19 protocols training present at all times at each in-person event or meeting.
- Meetings or events that are expected to be more than 8 students and are not hosted in fixed seating space such as a classroom must have an approved College employee present.
- Meetings or events that meet one or more of the following condition must have an approved College employee present:
- Expected attendance is over 8 students and the gathering is not hosted in a fixed seating space such as a classroom.
- Attendees will engage in strenuous physical activities such as an athletic competition.
- Attendees will be required to regularly move around the venue.
- Food or drinks are served by the sponsoring organization.
Travel and Off-Campus Activities
- All in-person events and meetings sponsored by student organizations must happen on the Gettysburg College campus.
- Student organizations may not sponsor any student travel off-campus.
Other Prohibited Activities
- Student organizations must not engage in activities that increase the likelihood of transmission between community members or that egregiously violate health and safety protocols.
- Student organizations may not sponsor events with alcohol.
- Student organizations may not host visitors on campus.