Gettysburg College will continue to be guided by the most recent Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and World Health Organization (WHO) guidelines and recommendations for domestic and international travel.
On this page:
Student personal travel
Students that are studying on-campus in the spring 2021 semester are only permitted to travel within a 5-mile radius of Gettysburg College. We recognize that in some extenuating circumstances, students may need to travel beyond this radius. Those seeking an exception to the College’s personal travel restrictions must fill out the Student Travel Exception Request Form and receive approval before leaving the area. Exceptions will only be made for employment, healthcare, religious services, and emergency situations. More information can be found in the January 14 message from OSAGL.
In some limited cases student may travel beyond the 5-mile radius for College-sponsored travel. In such instances, students do not need to fill out the Student Travel Exception Form but the group leader must fill out the Travel Notification Form on CNAV.
To register approved international travel, please complete the Medical Evacuation and Repatriation Insurance Form.
Who can visit?
The only visitors allowed on campus at this time are those who are on campus to support the academic, administrative, or residential missions of the College. This means that students may not have any visitors on campus, including family members, who do not fulfill this criterion. Additionally, students studying remotely from their home residence may not come to campus without permission.
Visitors who fulfill the criterion above must follow the below protocol:
- All visitors (including students studying remotely) are required to register their visit by completing the Campus Visitor Form below.
- The Campus Visitor Form is for registration purposes only. Please note that visitors will be contacted only if we need to discuss their registration.
- Students may not host off-campus guests in any campus building.
- No visitor will be permitted to stay overnight on campus.
- Approved visitors must wear a mask while on campus.
- Approved visitors using the campus grounds will be asked to follow federal, state, and local protocols, as noted on campus signage.
- All approved visitors must conduct a medical self-check on the day of their visit. If visitors are experiencing any of the below symptoms on the day of their visit, they should not come to campus.
Thank you for helping to keep our campus as safe as possible.
Symptoms to check
All approved visitors must conduct a medical self-check on the day of their visit. If visitors are experiencing any of these symptoms on the day of their visit, they should not come to campus:
- Shortness of breath
- Difficulty breathing
- Muscle aches or pains
- Runny nose or sinus congestion
- Sore throat
- Gastrointestinal symptoms
- Loss of taste or smell
Campus visitor form
If you wish to visit our campus and 1) your visit is to support the academic, administrative, or residential missions of the College, and 2) you are not experiencing any of the above symptoms, please complete the below form.