Employees should adhere to the following protocols for personal travel and register their College business trips in advance.
On this page:
Travel to hotspot states
If an employee travels to an area with high amounts of COVID-19 cases (as defined on Governor Wolf’s website), they must adhere to the following protocols:
If an employee has no symptoms upon their return:
- Work remotely for 14 days, if possible.
- If the employee is not able to work remotely, they can return to work as long as they:
- Adhere to the practice of no close contact (adequate physical distancing in common and personal areas, etc.)
- Wear a mask or face covering at all times and in all scenarios.
- Utilize full hygiene and cleaning protocols for 14 days upon return (cleaning your personal space and all spaces you have occupied).
- OR supply a negative COVID-19 test result.
If an employee has any symptoms upon their return:
- Stay home. Do not come to work.
- Notify their supervisor immediately and discuss the possibility of remote work, if possible.
- Immediately follow these steps for employees who experience symptoms of COVID-19.
- Employees should contact their physician. Employees are encouraged to use telemedicine (video and phone visits) in order to limit potential exposure in physicians’ offices. Follow your healthcare provider’s advice regarding testing, isolation, or quarantine.
Human Resources has developed an Employee Health Form to help us track and minimize the spread of illness among the Gettysburg College community. Employees are asked to report their symptoms of flu or COVID-19 using this form.
Business travel registration
For business travel, you must register your trip.