In planning and attending events and gatherings, event organizers and attendees must continue to abide by our community’s health and safety guidelines.
On this page:
Student clubs and organizations are encouraged to explore a variety of event methods, including sponsoring virtual or hybrid events, grab-and-go events, or outdoor activities or events (while still adhering to physical distance guidelines) during the fall semester. Be sure to review The Office of Student Activities and Greek Life’s new resources and guidance for organizing student events.
A number of campus spaces have been repurposed and all spaces have reduced capacities to promote physical distancing. Outdoor events may also be held in new tent spaces across campus. These events will follow the same scheduling procedure and protocols as indoor events and will include maximum capacity numbers, as well.
All events must adhere to the following:
- Event registered through engageGettysburg/25Live
- Mandatory RSVP/registration/check-in process to track attendance attendance ( engageGettysburg can be used)
- Maintenance of physical distancing of 6 feet or more
- Density numbers at or below capacity determined by architects and Facility Services
- Masks to be worn by everyone in attendance (unless eating)
- No events with alcohol
- No rain locations for outdoor events will be available
- Grab-and-go food from Dining Services only, no outside food vendors. Attendees may bring personal food and drink for their consumption.
- Events will be limited to the campus community—defined as any person who is employed by Gettysburg College or enrolled as an on campus, in residence, or commuter student at Gettysburg College—and not open to the public
- No event will be permitted to take place in an academic or administrative building lobby or lounge to ensure appropriate ingress/egress
- Large events (exceeding 25) will be asked for a plan once approved to address social distancing and appropriate personal protective equipment
- Reserving organization study spaces may be significantly limited or unavailable due to space constraints as a result of expanded class schedules
- Tables can be reserved along edge of Plank facing Stine Lake, weather permitting
- Only 4 tables will be available per day
- Tables will only be available 3 days per week (Monday, Wednesday, Friday)
- Each table may only be staffed by one member of an organization at a time
- Table events will not be used sell any items; all sales must go through engageGettysburg
Use of recreational facilities
Recreational facilities including courts and fields cannot be reserved for events, but they may be used by individual students.
Public expression on campus
Students planning a public expression event are required to notify College Life to discuss the logistics of the event. During these meetings, locations, physical distancing, and personal protective equipment (PPE) will be discussed.
The First-Year Walk has been postponed until fall 2021, when the Class of 2024 will join the Class of 2025.
Family Weekend, planned for October 23-25, 2020, is canceled, though virtual programming will be offered. Additionally, since students will be returning home from the fall semester no later than November 20, 2020, it is likely that families will get the chance to see one another less than a month after what would have been Family Weekend.
Due to the spring semester starting two weeks later than originally planned, the dates for the Class of 2020 and Class of 2021 Commencement have been moved. The Class of 2020 will have their Commencement on May 15-16, 2021. The Class of 2021 will have their Commencement on May 22 and 23. More information about the Class of 2020 and Class of 2021 Commencements will be forthcoming.