Mental health support and guidance is available to all students through our Counseling Services, Monday to Friday, including some evenings. Additional peer and professional mental health resources are also available.
All students can request individual counseling through Counseling Services and can set up an appointment by calling 717-337-6960. We are currently maintaining regular business hours: 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday-Friday. We do offer some evening times, by appointment only.
We also have peer supporters (PEEPS) available to meet with students. This is especially helpful to students who could use some extra support from a trained peer. Students should call Counseling to request a meeting with one of the PEEPS.
Additionally, Counseling Services has produced a detailed guide for confronting the emotional challenges presented by COVID-19, which is available online.
If you’re experiencing a mental health crisis
- Go to your local hospital emergency department.
- Use the Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
- Use the crisis text line: 741741
If you need further assistance, we are happy to talk with you. Please call Counseling Services at 717-337-6960 to schedule a time to talk. We will be using the Zoom app (HIPAA-compliant version). At the time of your meeting, in your email, you will receive an invitation to a “ZOOM meeting in progress.” Click the link and you will be brought to your therapist’s virtual meeting space. We are willing to speak with you by phone, if necessary if or you prefer, but phone calls are not HIPAA-compliant. This means your conversation cannot be guaranteed to be confidential.
- Student policy – Students are expected to adhere to the College’s COVID-19 policies and procedures, including masking and surveillance testing for the unvaccinated. Failure to comply will result in disciplinary action.
- Employee policy – Employees are expected to adhere to the College’s COVID-19 policies and procedures, including masking and surveillance testing for the unvaccinated. Failure to comply will result in disciplinary action.
- Preparation and Arrival for Students – Pre-arrival guidance and arrival information for all students, including vaccinated students, unvaccinated students who have received an exemption, and arriving international students.