Full details on the return-to-work plan for employees will be available by July 7.
In accordance with the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania’s Process for Reopening Business, the College will use the following guidelines to maintain compliance with the Commonwealth’s restrictions and the health and safety of our employees.
We expect to:
- Adhere to a phased return to campus that will balance the reduced density of the employee population with the maintenance of the highest possible level of institutional productivity for the purposes of achieving the academic mission.
- At the discretion of each division, develop flexible workforce continuity plans which include telework options, alternating/hybrid work schedules, and staggered shifts.
- Abide by the health and safety guidelines outlined by the institution.
- Areas that serve the public should limit their occupancy to 75 percent.
- Employee meetings and gatherings should be limited to 250 individuals and must abide by physical distancing guidelines.
For employees experiencing difficulties in any area of their lives, our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is a free service for all employees and their dependents. Wellspan EAP has some helpful resources available in response to the Coronavirus outbreak. Highmark Blue Shield coverage offers virtual physical and mental health visits.
For employees who are experiencing financial hardship during this time, grants are available through the Gettysburg College Employee Assistance Fund. Grants range from $100 - $500. For more information, please visit the Employees page and select “Employee Assistance Fund.”