Employees should adhere to the following protocols for personal travel, and register their College business trips in advance.
Travel to hotspot states
If an employee travels to an area with high amounts of COVID-19 cases (as defined on Governor Wolf’s website), they must adhere to the following Gettysburg College protocols:
If the employee has no symptoms:
- Work remotely for 14 days, if possible.
- If the employee is not able to work remotely, they can return to work as long as they:
- Adhere to the practice of no close contact (adequate physical distancing in common and personal areas, etc.)
- Wear a mask or face covering at all times and in all scenarios.
- Utilize full hygiene and cleaning protocols for 14 days upon return (cleaning your personal space and all spaces you have occupied).
- OR supply a negative COVID-19 test result.
If the employee has any symptoms:
- Employees should contact their physician. Employees are encouraged to use telemedicine (video and phone visits) in order to limit potential exposure in physician offices. Follow your healthcare provider’s advice regarding testing, isolation, or quarantine.
- Stay home. Do not come to work.
- Employees may return to work after they receive either a negative test result or they receive approval from their healthcare provider. After a positive test result, employees may return to work (1) no sooner than 72 hours after they are fever-free without the use of fever-reducing medications, (2) once their symptoms of respiratory infection (not allergies or asthma) have improved, and (3) 10 days have passed since symptoms first appeared.
- Notify their supervisor immediately and discuss the possibility for remote work, if possible. Self-isolate until they are cleared by their physician.
Please note, Human Resources has developed an Employee Health Form to help us track and minimize the spread of illness among the Gettysburg College community. Employees are asked to report their symptoms of flu or COVID-19 using this form.
Business travel registration
For business travel, you must register your trip.