The College has developed guidelines and a phased return plan that protects the health and safety of our employees and maintains compliance with the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
On this page:
In accordance with the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania’s Process for Reopening Business, the College will use the following guidelines to maintain compliance with the Commonwealth’s restrictions and the health and safety of our employees.
- Adhere to a phased return to campus that will balance the de-densification of the employee population with the maintenance of the highest possible level of institutional productivity for the purposes of achieving the academic mission.
- At the discretion of each division, develop flexible workforce continuity plans which include telework options, alternating/hybrid work schedules, and staggered shifts.
- Abide by the health and safety guidelines outlined by the institution.
- Areas that serve the public should limit their occupancy to 75%.
- Gatherings should be limited to 250 individuals.
When employees return to work, they are expected to adhere to campus health and safety protocols as a means of mitigating the risk of exposure to COVID-19. In reviewing staffing options, divisions are encouraged to provide their workforces flexibility while maintaining a level of efficiency that allows the College to fulfill its academic mission. Various staffing options to consider:
This recommendation is for divisions with employees who are able to continue working from home as a means of de-densifying their physical workspace are encouraged to develop those continuity plans on a divisional basis with the understanding that those plans should not compromise the College’s ability to fulfill its academic mission, engagement, and support efforts.
Areas able to offer rotating schedules are encouraged to do so in order to limit the exposure and potential spread of COVID-19. While the College’s hours of operations during the academic year are 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., divisions may wish to expand work schedules and days to limit the number of employees on campus.
Staggering of reporting and leaving times
Departments may also wish to have their employees stagger their reporting and leaving times for work shifts. The times will depend on the employee coverage needed by each division so that disruptions are limited. Staggered schedules should be discussed and approved with the immediate supervisor.
Options for at-risk employees
See At-Risk Employees for how to make arrangements when you or your family are at an increased risk from COVID-19.