This page contains detailed information on the current status of COVID-19 on campus.
On this page:
Reading the data
The College’s spring 2021 reopening plan includes twice-weekly testing of in-residence students and regular testing for staff and faculty who are working on campus. While our goal is to update the dashboard each weekday with the prior days’ information, unforeseen circumstances, such as a delay in test results, may keep us from meeting that goal at various times. The dashboard should be analyzed with care, understanding that—as illustrated in older data—individuals may have since completed the period of isolation or quarantine that are required by our guidelines. Please bear in mind that testing and contact tracing work is occurring on a continuous basis; as a result, there is likely to be some lag time between real-time numbers and reported numbers.
The College is currently operating at a Moderate alert level.
The alert level may change and mitigation strategies could be enacted depending different factors including the number and analysis of campus positive cases and local COVID conditions.
See definitions below for chart details. Date selector works best on wider screens.
- Alert levels
- The alert levels were created to help the community understand the level of risk on campus and mitigation efforts the College could take to decrease that risk. A variety of indicators including positivity rate, number of close contacts, and isolation and quarantine space could increase the alert level.
- Students: On-campus tests
- The sum of all on-campus tests administered to students for the selected dates. This number reflects testing through routine campus testing plus tests administered in Health Services.
- Students: Positive
- The sum of students who have tested positive from an on-campus test for the selected dates.
- Students: Total on-campus tests
- The sum of all on-campus tests administered to students since the start of testing for the spring semester. Testing began on January 25, 2021. This number does not include pre-arrival tests.
- Students: Total positive
- The number of positive student tests taken on campus since the start of testing for the spring semester. This number reflects testing through routine campus testing plus tests administered in Health Services. Testing began on January 25, 2021.
- Spaces occupied: Students in isolation
- The number of students in isolation for testing positive as of the identified date.
- Spaces occupied: Students in restrictive (level 3) quarantine
- The number of students in quarantine level 3 on the as-of date. Please note, that due to contact tracing, this figure may lag behind other data.
- Sanctions: Reported violations
- The number of student COVID-19 violation reports that have been received by College Life. Reports may include a single or multiple students. Reports generally take 1-3 days to be processed through the system for resolution.
- Sanctions: Sanctions
- The number of students who have been found responsible and then sanctioned for COVID-19 violations.
- Sanctions: Remote study (short term)
- The number of students who have been assigned to short-term remote study. This number includes students in short-term remote study on campus and short-term remote study from their homes.
- Sanctions: Remote study (semester)
- The number of students who have been removed from campus and assigned to remote study due to COVID-19 rule violations.
- Employees: Tests
- The sum of all tests administered on campus to employees for the selected dates. This figure also includes tests taken by employees and contractors who are regularly on campus but who tested positive outside of the College’s testing protocols.
- Employees: Positive
- A sum of positive test for employees and contractors working on campus for the selected dates. This number includes both positive results reported to HR and positive tests that were administered on campus. This number only defines employees as a positive case if they were on campus within the last 5 days prior to being infectious (7 days before symptoms first appeared) or if they were on campus within 5 days of their test on campus.
- Employees: Total tests
- The total number of COVID-19 tests administered to employees on campus since the start of testing for the spring semester. On-campus employee testing began on January 11, 2021.
- Employees: Total positive
- The total number of positive on-campus employee and contractor tests since the start of testing for the spring semester, plus positive employee tests reported from other sources. On-campus employee testing began on January 11, 2021.
- Historical campus cases
- New student positive cases and new employee positive cases since the beginning of spring semester testing. On-campus employee testing began on January 11, 2021, and on-campus student testing began on January 25, 2021.
- Cumulative county cases
- Adams County cumulative cases, or the total number of confirmed and probable cases reported in Adams County as of each date, per the PA Department of Health. Data collection began on March 1, 2020.
Updates about the current status of COVID-19 on campus and restrictions in place.