Tips for an enjoyable Commencement
- Set up a predetermined location to meet your graduate after the ceremony for family photographs, to meet friends, etc.
- Bring rain gear.
- Wear sunscreen.
- Bring binoculars.
- Wear sensible shoes. High heels may sink into the grass.
- Wear a hat.
- Wear layers. It could get hot; it could cool down very quickly.
- Give yourself a full hour to find a seat and get settled. It's exciting to watch the preparations.
- The seating for Commencement is on flat ground. Please don't expect to get great photographs. Two photographers will capture the awarding of your student's diploma from different angles. We encourage you to sit back and enjoy the moment!
- Restrooms are available in the surrounding campus buildings including: Weidensall Hall, The Science Center, Masters Hall, Breidenbaugh Hall, and the College Union Building.
- Water will be available onsite, but we recommend that you bring your own as well.
- Flowers and morning refreshments will be available for purchase on campus that morning.
- Food will be available for purchase in the CUB throughout the ceremony (Bullet Hole and Commons Café), but we recommend that you bring any snacks you may need as well.
- Indoor air-conditioned viewing locations with live streaming video coverage of the Commencement Exercises will be available rain or shine in the following locations: College Union Building (Ballroom and Junction), Breidenbaugh Hall (Joseph Theater), McCreary Hall (Bowen Auditorium), Masters Hall (Mara Auditorium).
- Both Baccalaureate and Commencement will be offered to virtual guests via the web as live video streams. The links will be posted on the main Commencement webpage when they are available.
- After Commencement, don't forget to visit the Reception in the tent on Memorial Field for light refreshments and celebration with graduates, faculty, family and friends. Memorial Field is located behind the CUB. From the Commencement ceremony site, just head toward the campus fountain and you won't miss it.
- Check the Commencement web pages (Commencement Home, Info for Families & Guests, Info for Graduates) for the latest information and details.
Most of all, celebrate and enjoy this achievement with your graduate - Congratulations!