Top 10 Reasons to minor in LACLS
- Learn more about 34 countries, home to some 550 million people.
- Study abroad through programs in Argentina, Chile, Bolivia, Brazil, Mexico, and others that Gettysburg students have called "amazing" [study abroad is not required for the LACLS minor].
- Discover the cultures of a region with increasing global significance.
- Enjoy an interdisciplinary program-you can learn about Latin Americans and U.S. Latinos by taking courses in Anthropology, Economics, English, History, Political Science, Spanish, Sociology, and more!
- Acquire useful skills by getting together with others interested in Latin America- for example, you can learn to cook new foods, dance salsa, and watch a fútbol (soccer) match broadcast in Spanish!
- Get better acquainted with Latinos in Gettysburg, members of a growing segment of the U.S. population.
- Learn from guest experts: filmmakers, scholars, writers, and musicians.
- Impress potential employers and graduate schools with your diverse interests and broad training.
- Change your perspective on the world.
- You may already be near the finish line! Because LACLS draws on courses from a number of departments and programs, students often find they have nearly completed the minor.
Please see the LACLS Coordinator to discuss the Latin American, Caribbean, and Latino Studies minor.