The Admissions Office offers a variety of ways for you to connect with us virtually including information sessions, interviews, and opportunities to meet with current students.
Interviews are highly recommended as part of our application process and are available for seniors and transfer students. All interviews are with an admissions staff member.
Connect with current students
We invite high school seniors to connect with current Gettysburgians. Student Stories are group sessions during which you will have an opportunity to hear about transformational Gettysburg experiences from our student panelists and get your questions answered.
- Publishing with a Professor at Gettysburg College - December 6th at 7pm EST
- Students at Gettysburg are encouraged to dive deeply into their academic pursuits and explore research opportunities. In this session, hosted by Professor Annie Douds of our Public Policy department, you will get to hear how she has involved students in her recent published writing. She will be joined by one of the students with whom she has authored scholarly articles.
- Applying to Gettysburg College - December 9th at 7pm EST
- Are you interested in knowing what really matters in a holistic admissions review process, and how to give yourself an edge when applying to highly selective colleges like Gettysburg College? In this workshop, you will learn to tell your story through your application and personal essay. Darryl Jones, Senior Associate Director of Admissions at Gettysburg College will lead the session.
- How to Prepare for your Best Virtual Interview - December 10th at 4pm EST
With the move to virtual spaces, the way we make a great first impression has also changed. In this session, we will be sharing our best practices for preparing for the virtual college interview, and how you can best represent your true self in this space.
- Financial Aid and Merit Scholarships at Gettysburg College - December 10th at 7pm EST
- In this workshop, we will explore how financial aid works, the process for applying, and the different types of aid available (merit scholarships and need-based aid). The session will be led by Lindsey Weibley, Financial Aid Counselor, and Darryl Jones, Senior Associate Director of Admissions.
- Campus Recreation: Well-being for Life! - December 13th at 7pm EST
- Well-being is at the center of a successful college experience. Learn more about Gettysburg’s philosophy around well-being and how our Campus Recreation program supports every aspect of student well-being. This session with be led by Cindy Wright, Director of EES Student Success and Well-being, as well as two of her student leaders.
- Campus Life at Gettysburg College - December 15th at 7pm EST
- At Gettysburg College, there are no bystanders. With so many on-campus opportunities, staying engaged is a part of our campus culture. At this live event, you will learn more about student life at Gettysburg College from four current seniors and have an opportunity to ask them specific questions about life on campus.
- Academics at Gettysburg College - December 17th at 7pm EST
- Gettysburg College offers a rigorous, interdisciplinary curriculum that includes 65+ academic programs, small class sizes, research, and study abroad opportunities. During this session, you will learn more about the academic experience at Gettysburg College from President Bob Iuliano, and four Gettysburg College professors.
- Meet the President of Gettysburg College - January 10th at 7pm EST
Join President Bob Iuliano to learn more about our Gettysburg College community and how we Do Great Work! This webinar style session will allow participants the opportunity to directly ask President Iuliano their questions.
Virtual visits for the Sunderman Conservatory
The Sunderman Conservatory will be offering a variety of events for prospective students to learn more about the program, including information sessions and opportunities to connect with our Sunderman faculty. Click here to learn more
Additionally, the Sunderman Conservatory is partnering with the Music Admissions Roundtable to offer a series of virtual performing arts college fairs this fall. Click here to learn more
Virtual visits for international students
International students are invited to register for an international student panel featuring current international students. Learn more about academics, campus life, and what life at Gettysburg as an international student is like
We also want to invite you to register for a Thursday Talks session. These webinars are specifically tailored to prospective international students. Thursday Talks will last throughout the summer and into the fall and will highlight different aspects of our college community—from information about our institution to student life details and specific academic presentations.