FAFSA Deadlines for Readmitted or Reinstated Students
- April 1 for fall semester
- October 15 for spring semester
Tips for Submitting the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)
- Submit at https://studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid/fafsa
- Create a FSA ID (username and password) to submit the FAFSA
- Gettysburg College School Code: 003268
- If your taxes have been filed, use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool to import federal tax return information.
Is additional information required?
Students and parent(s) are not required to submit W-2 Forms, copies of tax returns or the Gettysburg College Verification Worksheet (unless requested to do so by the Office of Financial Aid as part of the verification process).
- Late applications will be considered on a case-by-case basis as long as funds are available.
- Deadlines for other offices, i.e. Academic Advising, may be different.
- Gettysburg College provides financial aid from institutional resources for a maximum of 8 semesters. Federal, state and private funding may be available if additional semesters of enrollment are needed.
Important Information Regarding Courses Taken While on Leave of Absence or Withdrawal
If you took courses while on Leave of Absence or Withdrawal or plan to take courses during the summer, you should review the Satisfactory Academic Progress for Federal Student Aid policy. The financial aid satisfactory academic progress policy includes the pace at which a student must progress to ensure completion of the program and the cumulative grade point average.
What is the IRS Data Retrieval Tool?
This feature in the FAFSA permits you to access submitted Federal Tax Return information, when possible, to populate many questions on the FAFSA.
What if I am selected for verification by the Department of Education?
The Office of Financial Aid will follow up with students who, after submitting the FAFSA, have been selected for verification by the Department of Education to collect additional information.
Contact Amy Wilkinson, Financial Aid Counselor