Use the Course Materials Request & Reserves form to:
- place a physical item (book, DVD, and/or CD) on hard copy reserve in the library's Course Materials collection behind the Checkout Desk
- place an ebook, article, book chapter, and/or film on electronic reserve via a course Moodle site
- request the library purchase assigned course materials (see the Textbooks and Course Materials Purchasing Policy for additional information)
Submitting a Reserves Request:
- Timeline: Please allow at least one week for requests to be processed and items placed on reserve. At peak times, processing will take longer than one week.
- Fair Use: Reserves requests that exceed Fair Use limits will require copyright clearance and may take extra processing time. Requests may be denied due to unreasonable costs or if permissions cannot be obtained. Use these guidelines to help determine what can/cannot be placed on reserve.
- Reserve types:
- Hard Copy Reserves: Hard copy materials (books, DVDs, CDs) will be placed on reserve in the Course Materials collection located behind the library's Checkout Desk. Items check out for two hours. Materials must be owned by Musselman Library, the requesting faculty member, or their academic department. Consumable materials like workbooks may not be put on reserve.
- Electronic Reserves - Ebooks, Book Chapters, and Articles: Ebooks will be searchable via MUSCAT Plus Course Materials collection by course/instructor name. Book chapters and articles will be posted on Moodle.
- Electronic Reserves - Media: Streaming films will be posted on Moodle. Musselman Library subscribes to several streaming video services, and you can browse these services through the Films Online guide. Whether or not a film is available through one of our streaming services, instructors can make requests by filling out the Course Materials Request & Reserves form.
Questions about books, book chapters or journal articles? Contact: Lisa McNamee - email@example.com 717-337-7025
Questions about films or media? Contact: Kevin Aughinbaugh - firstname.lastname@example.org 717-337-6994