Musselman Library patrons can use MUSCAT Plus to search our catalog or log in to check your account or renew borrowed materials. The library also offers scanners, microfilm readers, and a mobile device charging station for public use.
Become A Patron
Residents of Adams County 18 or older may register for a free Community Borrower card by filling out an application at the library's Check Out Desk. Residents of Adams County ages 14-17 may apply for a Community Borrower card if a parent or guardian cosigns the application form.
Students and faculty of the Lutheran Seminary at Gettysburg, ACLCP schools, PALCI schools, or Mount St. Mary’s may apply for a library card by filling out an application and presenting a current college ID at the library's Check Out Desk. Patron accounts for these groups are valid for one year at a time.
Muss-To-Go: Place a Request for a Library Item
Library staff can pull items from the library's collection for you. Follow these steps to place a request:
- Visit the library's catalog: MUSCAT Plus
- Click the Sign In button in the top-right corner. Gettysburg students, faculty, and staff will sign in with their campus username and password.
- Search for the item you want to request.
- Click the title of the item you want to request in the search results.
- Click the "Get Library Copy" button, then "Send Request".
- Wait to receive an email saying the items(s) are ready for pick up.
- You items will be on the blue Muss-To-Go shelves just beyond the Check Out Desk. The items on these shelves are in alphabetical order by patron last name. Items will already be checked out to you.
Questions? Email email@example.com
Knouse Off-Site Storage Request
Knouse, the library's off-site storage facility, houses most of our print journal back issues and some of our book collection.
If you find a MUSCAT Plus entry for an article or book that lives at Knouse, click the Sign In button and use your campus login to request the item.
|Patron Type||Books||DVDs||CDs||# of Items Loaned||# of Reserves Loaned||# of DVDs Loaned||ebook Access||ILL|
|Student||28 days||7 days||7 days||50||No limit||10 @ a time||Yes||Yes|
|Faculty||180 days||7 days||7 days||200||No limit||10 @ a time||Yes||Yes|
|Staff/Admin||180 days||7 days||7 days||200||n/a||10 @ a time||Yes||Yes|
|Dependent/Partner||180 days||7 days||7 days||200||n/a||10 @ a time||No||No|
|Retiree||180 days||7 days||7 days||200||n/a||10 @ a time||Yes||Yes|
|Lutheran Seminary||28 days||7 days||7 days||20||n/a||10 @ a time||No||No|
|Community Borrower||28 days||7 days||7 days||20||n/a||10 @ a time||No||No|
|Alumni||28 days||7 days||7 days||20||n/a||10 @ a time||No||No|
|ACLCP||28 days||7 days||7 days||20||n/a||10 @ a time||No||No|
|PALCI||28 days||7 days||7 days||20||n/a||10 @ a time||No||No|
|Mount St. Mary's||28 days||7 days||7 days||20||n/a||10 @ a time||No||No|
Please note that all items in our Browsing Room collection check out to all patrons for 28 days.
Overdue and Replacement Fees
|Books||$0.25 per day per book||Minimum of $35|
|DVDs||$1 per day per DVD||Minimum of $35|
|CDs||$1 per day per CD||Minimum of $35|