Summer Camp Programs
At Gettysburg College, we’re here, all of us, to do great work. Summer camp participants will join our community of passionate achievers, on a campus where history and innovation meet to shape the future, and enjoy a glimpse into life as a Gettysburgian. From enriching academic programming to meaningful social connections, the week-long experience is unforgettable!
Rising high school sophomores, juniors and seniors attending a Gettysburg College summer camp will experience an immersive learning environment, welcoming atmosphere, and historic yet contemporary campus setting.
Each program is led by subject-matter experts – Gettysburg College faculty, staff and students.
Civic Engagement Camp
The Eisenhower Institute's Civic Engagement program is designed for motivated students with a passion for civic engagement within the American political system. Students will face challenging academic questions and real-world situations. For more information on registration and the student experience, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Young Civil War Historians Conference
The Young Civil War Historians Conference offers high school students an opportunity to become their own historians. Students will follow in the footsteps of a soldier who fought at Gettysburg through hands-on work with original archival documents. One of the highlights of the camp will be a trip to Washington featuring a visit to the National Archives to explore the official records of Civil War regiments. For more information on registration and the student experience, please visit the camp's dedicated landing page.
The goal of the Camp Psych week-long program is to provide a window into how psychological science works. Students will share experiences that introduce them to research in psychology in a fun, challenging, and engaging environment, as well as hands-on preparation for college studies. For more information on registration and the student experience, please contact email@example.com.
Frequently Asked Questions
Below are common, general camp FAQs to assist in planning for summer camp at Gettysburg College. More FAQs will follow as all summer camp programs are finalized. In the future, for specific questions and information regarding a particular camp, please contact the camp director of the program(s) in question, as each camp has different scheduling, activities, etc.
- What is the average length of a summer camp? Standard summer camp stay is 6-days/5-nights, with check-in on a Sunday and check-out on that Friday.
- What is included in the camp registration fee? The registration fee covers hard costs such as administrative and staffing expenses, meals in dining hall, lodging, etc., where applicable, i.e., virtual camps have different expenses than residential (overnight) camps.
- Are scholarships or financial aid available to cover registration costs? Scholarship/aid offerings vary by camp. Please contact the camp director(s) for specific information and available opportunities.
- Can someone attend multiple camps? Yes! Depending on specific circumstances, we may be able to coordinate logistical support such as temporary housing and meals in between camps (subject to hard associated costs).
- For any questions related to general camper experience, Gettysburg College campus, etc., please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.