Priority to Support: Business, Organizations, and Management Major
Gettysburg College’s outstanding alumni leader and benefactor, David R. Brennan ’75, P’00 has committed to contribute $3.5 million to establish endowments in support of the College’s recently launched Business, Organizations, and Management Major. To inspire significant contributions from others, David will match contributions that meet the specifically defined criteria that will provide the necessary financial resources to help the College recruit outstanding faculty and to develop the courses and co-curricular opportunities that will distinguish this major.
The Brennan Challenge will fund a 1:1 match of all gifts of $25,000 or more creating named endowed funds supporting the Business, Organizations and Management major. Gifts and commitments, payable over a period of up to five years, will be matched on a first-come, first-served basis until the $3.5 million matching fund is fully claimed. Through the Brennan Challenge, donors have the opportunity to establish a named endowment with a gift of at least half of the required minimum. Endowed funding opportunities include:
- New faculty positions in accounting and marketing with minimum required endowments of $3 million and $2.5 million respectively ($1.5 million and $1.25 million minimum respectively if matched)
- Curricular course innovation stipends – $250,000 required minimum ($125,000 minimum if matched)
- Applied student learning experiences – $100,000 required minimum ($50,000 minimum if matched)
- Endowed lecture fund – $100,000 required minimum ($50,000 minimum if matched)
- Faculty development fund – $50,000 required minimum ($25,000 minimum if matched)
Outside of the Brennan Challenge, donors can support the Current Use Fund. This fund will support the major through discretionary resources for immediate use. Examples include:
- Student internships
- Curricular development
- Tools for creative delivery of course content
- Experts in residence
- Guest speakers
For more information about the Brennan Challenge, please contact Kathleen Regentin, Assistant Vice President for Development, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (717) 337-6594.