Gettysburg College welcomes students from around the world. Currently, students from 50 countries contribute to the rich academic, co-curricular, and social atmosphere of the College.
Our international students bring an exciting perspective to the campus community. They take advantage of our intimate class sizes, conduct collaborative and independent research, and develop strong relationships with an enthusiastic and accomplished faculty. With easy access to many major East Coast cities, international students engage with Gettysburg's active parent and alumni network and hold externships and internships, gaining valuable practical experience.
Highly motivated and academically strong, our students make the most of a Gettysburg education and lead lives of impact. If this sounds like you, we invite you to apply.
Apply NowRequest more information
Application Deadlines for International Students
The deadlines for submission of the application and supporting documents are:
- Early Decision I: November 15
- Early Action: December 1
- Early Decision II: January 15
- Regular Decision: January 15
Checklist for a Completed Application File
Before the admissions staff can read and consider your application file, it must be complete. To be considered complete, an application file must contain the following items:
- Completed Common Application, submitted online
- Official high school transcript
- Teacher recommendation
- Counselor recommendation
- Senior mid-year grades (when available)
- SAT or ACT scores may be submitted as self-reported or official scores, but are not required. Self-reported scores will be verified upon enrollment, and official scores should be sent to the College. The institutional codes for Gettysburg College are 2275 (SAT) and 3580 (ACT).
- English language proficiency testing: Gettysburg College requires international applicants to submit English proficiency testing if English has not been the language of instruction in the classroom for at least two years, or if English is not the first language.
Gettysburg accepts the following English proficiency tests. While Gettysburg does not have a minimum score to apply, the minimum scores of competitive applicants are indicated below.
- TOEFL: 90
- IELTS: 7.0
- Duolingo English Test: 120
The institutional code for Gettysburg College is 2275 (for TOEFL and IELTS only). Official scores should be sent from the respective testing agencies or a school official. We do not super score English proficiency tests.
- Early Decision form: Students who intend to apply via Early Decision are required to submit the Early Decision Form by November 15 for EDI and January 15 for EDII.
- International Student Financial Statement: All international applicants–regardless of their interest in being considered for financial assistance–must submit the International Student Financial Statement, available in the applicant portal, by the application deadline.
- Financial Aid Application for International Students: International applicants who wish to be considered for financial assistance are required to submit the Financial Aid Application for International Students by the application deadline.
- Interviews: While interviews are not required, Gettysburg College does value the opportunity to learn more about you, beyond your application. Interviews are offered virtually, on campus, and in select locations around the globe. It is strongly recommended that international students whose first language is not English complete an interview.
- Passport information: United States law now requires international students to have a passport in order to issue a Form I-20 for your student visa application. Applicants to Gettysburg College are welcome–but not required–to submit passport information. Please note, however, that we will request passport information from all enrolled students in order to issue the Form I-20.