Developing an inclusive learning and working environment for people with disabilities.
Video: The Reality of Living With a Disability
A conversation with Prof. Stephen Stern and Nathalia Mazza ’20
Also on this page:
Services for students
Students, please visit Academic Advising and Student Support Services.
Information for students with disabilities
- Housing accommodation information for prospective students: some notes on your options and how the College approaches requests for housing accommodations.
- Academic accommodation information for prospective students: an overview for prospective students of the types of academic accommodations available, academic supports, and policies.
- Handbook for Students with Disabilities: full handbook detailing options and policies for students requiring disability accommodations.
- Alternate Track Course Clusters: An accommodation for approved students to satisfy their foreign language requirement.
- Disability Accommodation Forms: list of fillable forms for students and providers, along with notes on processing times.
- Local Referral List for LD Testing: Learning disability testing locations, psychiatry referrals, and notes on testing outside of the Gettysburg area.
- Dietary accommodations for food allergies and medical conditions: a review of the accommodations provided by Dining Services.
Services for employees and applicants
Employees and applicants, please see Human Resources and Risk Management. Human Resources is available to assist employees and applicants and provide access and accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
Disability awareness programs
Disability Awareness Month events at Gettysburg:
- 2021: The Reality of Living With a Disability
- 2020: Web Accessibility
- 2019: Understanding Autism
- 2018: Emotional Support Animals on the College Campus
See also the national Disability Awareness Month information and resources provided by the US Department of Labor.
Campus accessibility information
- Campus accessibility and parking information is available on the Campus Map.
- The ADA* Committee meets regularly to discuss disability and accessibility matters affecting members of the Gettysburg College community.
* ADA stands for the Americans with Disabilities Act
The Communications and Marketing digital team oversees accessibility for the main campus website and are available to answer your questions or respond to reports of accessibility issues with web content.