We advance accessibility, user experience, and search engine optimization for the Gettysburg College website.
On this page:
Get in touch at email@example.com , or use the web update request form:
Stay up-to-date on training sessions and helpful resources by subscribing to our mailing list or joining our Slack community.
- dotCMS Liaisons email list: email us to be notified of training opportunities, dotCMS announcements, or accessibility information. This is a low-volume mailing list.
- Join our Slack group: visit the Gettysburg College HQ signup page on Slack and join with your
@gettysburg.eduemail address. Slack is group chat for work, and has good threading and search features for following conversations and finding answers to common questions.
Training sessions are held regularly and are open to the entire community.
|Date and Time||Topic||Location|
|January 30, 2020 from 10:00-11:00||dotCMS - Part 1||GLAT 014|
|January 30, 2020 from 11:00-12:00||Accessibility - Part 1||GLAT 014|
|February 6, 2020 from 10:00-11:00||dotCMS - Part 2||GLAT 014|
|February 6, 2020 from 11:00-12:00||Accessibility - Part 2||GLAT 014|
|tbd||Improve your SEO||tbd|
Topics aim to help staff whose responsibilities include web publishing. However, all employees, faculty, and students are welcome to attend. Sessions are adjusted (where possible) to accommodate the attendees.
Web and accessibility topics
- Content Management System (dotCMS) Training
- Training information for the College’s content management system, dotdotCMS. Training sessions are held monthly.
- Accessibility Training
- Ensure that your web pages and documents are accessible to users of screen readers and other assistive technologies. Get training editing HTML pages in dotdotCMS, creating structured documents in Microsoft Word, measuring the impact of accessibility issues, and learning the SEO benefits of good accessibility.
- Google Analytics and Tag Manager
- How to install Google Analytics, request access to the digital dashboard, and get analytics training and help.
- Gettysburg.edu Style Guide
- Learn about the typographic and functional elements available as part of the Gettysburg.edu web platform. The style guide covers webfonts, available structural elements (headings, tables, forms, and buttons), and information on the brand color palette.
- Campus Web Policy
- Policy, procedures, and regulations governing the use and growth of the College website.