We advance accessibility, user experience, and search engine optimization for the Gettysburg College website.
On this page:
Get in touch at email@example.com , or use the web update request form:
Stay up-to-date on training sessions and helpful resources by subscribing to our mailing list or joining our Slack community.
- CMS Liaisons email list: write to firstname.lastname@example.org to be notified of training opportunities, CMS announcements, or accessibility information. This is a low-volume mailing list.
- Join our Slack group: visit the Gettysburg College HQ signup page on Slack and join with your
@gettysburg.eduemail address. Slack is group chat for work, and has good threading and search features for following conversations and finding answers to common questions.
Training sessions are held regularly and are open to the entire community.
|December 5, 2019||Accessibility and SEO Training||Glatfelter 011|
|January, 2020||Hands-On Accessibility Training||tbd|
|January, 2020||Hands-On CMS Training||tbd|
|January, 2020||Hands-On PDF Remediation Training||tbd|
Topics aim to help staff whose responsibilities include web publishing. However, all employees, faculty, and students are welcome to attend. Sessions are adjusted (where possible) to accommodate the attendees.
Web and accessibility topics
- Content Management System (CMS) Training
- Training information for the College’s content management system, dotCMS. Training sessions are held monthly.
- Accessibility Training
- Ensure that your web pages and documents are accessible to users of screen readers and other assistive technologies. Get hands-on training editing HTML pages in dotCMS, creating structured documents in Microsoft Word, measuring the impact of accessibility issues, and learning the SEO benefits of good accessibility.
- Gettysburg.edu Style Guide
- Learn about the typographic and functional elements available as part of the Gettysburg.edu web platform. The style guide covers webfonts, available structural elements (headings, tables, forms, and buttons), and information on the brand color palette.
- Campus Web Policy
- Policy, procedures, and regulations governing the use and growth of the College website.