Student Health Insurance
HEALTH INSURANCE IS MANDATORY FOR ALL STUDENTS
You will need to provide proof of your private insurance or purchase the student health insurance. In deciding, please consider the following questions:
- Does your private health insurance plan include away from home or out-of-area coverage for the Gettysburg area?
- Have you verified that your private insurance lists participating providers/specialists in the Gettysburg area?
- If you are considering changing your student’s primary care provider to someone in the Gettysburg area, please contact the Health Service for important information.
Health Services and Other Information:
- We currently charge for visits to Health Services - See Services and Fees
- We do not participate with insurance, but will provide a receipt for reimbursement.
- A charge will be incurred for labs, x-rays, and specialist visits.
- We use Quest Diagnostics, Lab Corp and the Gettysburg Hospital for testing purposes.
- You should discuss out-of-area coverage with your insurance company before you are in need of diagnostic care.
What Students Must Know Before Their Arrival:
- Do they have private health insurance or the student insurance through the College?
- Do they understand if their insurance requires pre-authorizations or home provider referrals for laboratory, x-ray or specialists visits?
- Do they have a copy of their insurance card with them?
- Do they know how to attain pre-authorizations or referrals?
You will receive information during the summer on the College’s student health insurance plan which will help you make an informed choice. Please visit your Student Account Center for further information, too. If you have further questions, please call the Student Health Service at 717-337-6970 or Lynn Garskof in Human Resources at 717-337-6069
For Further Information: