The mission of The Office of Sexual Respect and Title IX is to educate members of the campus community on sexual respect and healthy relationships. Our goal is to create a community of respect where everyone can feel secure and free from harassment. The college is committed to fostering a safe community for all, promoting dignity and appreciation and creating a campus environment where sexual misconduct and interpersonal violence is unacceptable. The office will enhance outreach and engagement with underserved populations on campus and work to continue bystander intervention education for the entire campus community. The Office of Sexual Respect and Title IX oversees the reporting and response process for those who have experienced sexual misconduct and relationship violence.
- To increase knowledge of key concepts related to sexual respect and healthy relationships.
- To increase awareness of campus and community resources.
- To educate campus community on negative cultural and social norms that may perpetuate interpersonal violence.
- To foster a community of respect where all feel safe and have equal access to educational and work opportunities and where everyone feels comfortable intervening to reduce the likelihood of victimization.
- To empower those affected by interpersonal violence to access available resources and seek appropriate resolution.