The following addendum applies to residents of College-managed housing in Ice House, College Apartments, any N. Washington Street residence, any Carlisle Street residence, and any Lincoln Avenue residence. This also applies to any residence in the Gettysburg community, including off-campus students.
THIS ADDENDUM IS ONLY APPLICABLE TO REGULATED RENTAL UNITS, AS DEFINED IN THE REGULATED RENTAL UNIT OCCUPANCY ORDINANCE FOR THE BOROUGH OF GETTYSBURG. EACH STUDENT SHOULD READ THIS ADDENDUM CAREFULLY.
This Addendum is incorporated into and shall be deemed to amend and supplement the Housing License Agreement, between each student and Gettysburg College. The Housing License Agreement and this Addendum pertain to the premises described in the Housing License Agreement. This Addendum was approved by the Borough of Gettysburg and was deemed to satisfy the requirements set forth in Article II, Section C.1., and Article II, Section E.1., E.4.-E.7. of the Regulated Rental Unit Occupancy Ordinance of the Borough of Gettysburg.
ADDITIONAL COVENANTS AND OBLIGATIONS
In addition to the agreements and obligations set forth in the aforesaid Housing License Agreement, the student and the College hereby agree as follows:
A. The College's Agreements and Obligations:
- The College agrees to keep and maintain the premises in compliance with all applicable codes and ordinances of the Borough of Gettysburg and all applicable state laws and shall keep the premises in a good and safe condition.
- The owner/manager for the premises is: Name: Danielle Phillips, Director of Residential & First-Year Programs
- Address: Gettysburg College Union Building, Rm 250
- Telephone Number(s): (717) 337-6901
- The College is responsible for regularly performing all routine maintenance, including lawn mowing and ice and snow removal, and for making any and all necessary repairs in and around the premises, except for any specific tasks which a student agrees in writing to perform.
- The College agrees to promptly respond to reasonable complaints and inquiries from each student.
B. The Student’s Agreements and Obligations:
- Each student agrees to comply with all applicable codes and ordinances of the Borough of Gettysburg and all applicable laws.
- Each student agrees that the maximum number of persons permitted within the premises at any time shall be in accordance with the applicable Regulated Rental Unit License provided to the College by the Borough of Gettysburg.
- Unless the College agrees to assume such duties, each student agrees to dispose of all rubbish, garbage, and other waste from the premises in a clean and safe manner and shall separate and place for collection all recyclable materials in compliance with the Borough of Gettysburg's Solid Waste and Recycle Ordinance.
- Each student agrees not to engage in any conduct on the premises which is declared illegal under the Pennsylvania Crimes Code, Liquor Code, or the Controlled Substance, Drug, Device and Cosmetic Act, nor will a student permit others on the premises to engage in such conduct.
- Each student agrees to use and occupy the premises so as not to disturb the peaceful enjoyment of adjacent or nearby property owners or occupants.
- Each student agrees not to cause, nor to permit, nor to tolerate to be caused, damage to the premises, except for ordinary wear and tear.
- Each student agrees not to engage in, nor to tolerate, nor to permit others on the premises to engage in disruptive conduct which is defined as any form of conduct, action, incident or behavior perpetuated, caused or permitted by any occupant or visitor of a regulated dwelling unit that is so loud, untimely, offensive, riotous or that otherwise unreasonably disturbs other persons in their peaceful enjoyment of their premises such that a report is made to the police and/or to the Code Enforcement Officer. It is not necessary that such conduct, action, incident or behavior constitute a criminal offensive or that criminal charges be filed against any person in order for a person to have perpetuated, caused or permitted the commission of disruptive conduct as defined herein. Provided, however, that no disruptive conduct shall be deemed to have occurred unless the Code Enforcement Officer or police shall investigate and take a determination that such did occur, and keep written records, including a Disruptive Conduct Report of such occurrence.
- Each student acknowledges and agrees that he or she is subject to the provisions of the Regulated Rental Unit Ordinance of the Borough of Gettysburg and that issuance by any municipal officer of the Borough of Gettysburg of a Certificate of Non-Compliance with said Ordinance relating to the premises is a breach of the Housing License Agreement of which this Addendum is a part. If such a breach occurs, the College has the right and option to pursue any and all of the following remedies:
- Termination of the Housing License Agreement without prior notice;
- To bring an action to recover possession of the premises without abatement of any license fees paid, including reasonable attorney’s fees and cost
- To bring an action to recover the whole balance of the license fees and charges due for the unexpired Housing License Agreement term, including reasonable attorney’s fees and costs; and
- To bring an action for damages caused by the students breach, including reasonable attorney's fees and costs.
By signing the Housing License Agreement or otherwise occupying campus residence halls, each student agrees that he or she has read and understands all of the agreements in this Addendum.