- FRIDAY FACULTY LUNCHEON: No FFL on April 18th
- April 25th, CUB 260, 12:00 - 1:00pm, Kurt Andresen, Assistant Professor of Physics “Forcing Our Understanding of DNA Packing: Unwrapping Nucleosomes with Magnets in the Netherlands” The Netherlands is known for its canals, cheese, and really tall people. However, in the biophysics realm, they are known as being masters in the technique of magnetic tweezers. In this gezellig talk, I will be telling you about my adventures in the Netherlands learning this technique and some of the discoveries we made about the packing of DNA inside of our bodies using our magnetic tweezers. It turns out these results have implications not only for the physics of DNA but may have (eventual) implications for how to turn helpful genes on or to turn harmful genes off. Het is goed, hé?
- FRIDAY AFTERNOON SOCIAL HOUR (FASH) NONE until Sept.
- Do you need to rent Faculty Regalia for Commencement?
You can through the College Bookstore! For Commencement, the cost to rent Faculty Regalia is $50.00 total. This includes a gown, cap & tassel ($25.00) & Hood ($25.00). You can also save money by reserving Faculty Regalia for both Commencement (May 18) & Fall Convocation (Nov. 13) for $90.00 total.
Additional charges will be added to orders received after April 14th.
Please contact the Bookstore directly with any questions.
- Faculty Meeting Dates, 2013-14 (PDF)
- NEH Summer Stipends Program for 2014 (DOCX)
- New Appointments to the Faculty, 2013-14 (PDF)
- Department Chairs and Coordinators Meetings - 2013-14 (PDF)
- Friday Faculty Luncheon Schedule, Spring, 2014 (PDF)
- Friday Afternoon Social Hour (FASH) Schedule, Spring 2014 (PDF)
Teaching and Advising
- Gettysburg Curriculum
- Course Catalog
- Honor Code
- Johnson Center for Creative Teaching and Learning
- Funds for College-Wide Events (EPACC)
- Internal Funding for Teaching
- Course Proposal Forms for the APPC
- Academic Course Credit Policy and Declaration Form (PDF)
- Faculty Handbook (PDF)
- Faculty Committees (PDF)
- Chairpersons & Program Coordinators (DOC)
- Cycle Chart (PDF)