The Study Abroad Program offers Spanish students an ideal opportunity to progress more quickly in Spanish while immersing themselves in Hispanic cultures.
Advanced Program for Spanish Majors and Minors
- Argentina - Buenos Aires (SIT and IFSA-Butler)
- Bolivia - Cochabamba (SIT program)
- Chile - Santiago, Valparaíso, & Arica (SIT and IFSA-Butler)
- Costa Rica - Heredia (IFSA-Butler)
- Cuba - Havana (IFSA-Butler)
- Ecuador - Quito (SIT)
- Mexico - Mérida and Oaxaca (IFSA-Butler and SIT)
- Nicaragua - Managua (SIT)
- Panama - Panama City (SIT)
- Peru - Lima and Cuzco (IFSA-Butler)
- Spain - Salamanca and Madrid (IES program)
Students enrolled in these programs can take courses in the IFSA-Butler and IES institutions, as well as enroll in top tier universities.
Important: For students to count courses abroad for their Spanish Major or Minor, they must complete Spanish 301 (or Spanish 302) on campus, and discuss their course selection plan for studying abroad with our Departmental advisors.
Note: The Spanish Department strongly recommends that students take at least one course at a local university during their semester abroad.
The Spanish Department, which requires all majors to study abroad in a Spanish-speaking country, offers an alternative to study off-campus for DACA students.
Key to abbreviations
- Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals
- International Education of Students
- Institute For Study Abroad, founded at Butler University
- School for International Training