TRAVEL & TREK THE GREEK ISLES WITH G-BURG
June 2 - 10, 2023
The Gettysburg College Travel Program is excited to offer its latest addition: a week (June 2-9) spent walking a few off-the-beaten-track Greek Isles in June, 2023. Our small group (max of 14) will visit Naxos, Amorgos, and Paros. Highlights include
- Boutique hotels in/near quaint towns & beaches
- Daily walks/hikes/treks of 6-9 miles, which will start after breakfast and conclude mid-afternoon, allowing time for exploration of the villages in which we’ll be staying, along with enjoyment of the beaches, pools, and spas
- Hikes based on historical areas of interest, while traveling at a casual though steady pace; routes and will be tailored to the group’s interests
- Situated nicely in the Cyclades archipelago, Naxos, Amorgos, and Paros all have archeological, historical, and cultural significance and have hundreds of trail systems designed to gain access to locations on the islands that are not heavily traveled
- Breakfast & dinner included each day; lunch will be packed “for the trail”
- Cost is $2,800/person (based on double occupancy); $500 deposit to reserve spot. Transportation to/from Naxos is not included.
- June 2 – Arrive Naxos, Greece (accessible from Athens by air or ferry); Welcome reception & dinner, with accommodations at the Galaxy Hotel
- June 3 – Hike Naxos, dinner out, & same hotel
- June 4 – Hike Naxos, dinner out, & same hotel
- June 5 – Ferry from Naxos to Amorgos. Check in to Lakki Village and dinner at the hotel
- June 6 – Hike Amorgos, dinner out, & same hotel
- June 7 – Hike Amorgos, dinner out, & same hotel
- June 8 – Ferry from Amorgos to Paros. Check in to Paliomylos Spa Boutique Hotel. Light hike option, dinner on your own.
- June 9 – Hike Paros & Farewell Dinner
- June 10 – Depart for home or next destination on your own
Trip will be led by John Regentin, founder of the outdoor leadership program at Gettysburg (GRAB), and alumna Erin Howe ’00.
Register today to guarantee your spot(s)!
For questions, please contact the Office of Alumni Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org or 717.337.6518. Thank you.