Gettysburg College recognizes the important role that student organizations play in developing community among students. We also expect that as we continue to navigate the COVID-19 pandemic, student groups will do their part to protect the health and safety of community members on campus.
To assist organizations with planning their activities the following resources has been created to provide guidance on how meetings and events should be managed and what types of programs can be hosted. It is important to note that these resources are not policy and are instead a summary of many policies to make event planning easier for student organizations.
To see what events are already planned please visit the events page of engageGettysburg.
Event Planning Resources
- Deciding if your event should be in-person, virtual, or a hybrid model
- College Events during COVID-19
- Student organization expectations
- Reserving CUB Tables and Storage Lockers
- Recommended meeting types
- Recommended event models
- Sponsored events vs. informal gatherings
- Events with alcohol
Links to Relevant Policies
- Events during COVID-19 policy (events, tabling, and public expressions)
- Face coverings and physical distancing policy
- Visitors during COVID-19 policy
- Student health agreement
- Health and safety protocol violation rubric