Type of projects supported
- Research or artistic projects that are in fulfillment of the senior project, capstone, or honors thesis requirement.
- The funding may be used for such things as project supplies, to pay subjects, and/or travel expenses. *Meals are not included.
- A maximum of $500 is available to each student per academic year (this includes the summer before the student’s senior year). In the case of students who are double-majoring and will, therefore, have two senior projects, the amount of funding requested cannot exceed the maximum amount of $500 combined e.g., a student may request $300 for major #1 project and $200 for major #2 project.
- Please note that these funds are meant to enhance the quality of the student’s experience, not to make the project possible. This means that funding is not intended to support the project in its entirety but to assist in defraying some of the project costs incurred by the student.
- All supported projects must be compliant with the College’s Institutional Review Board (IRB) or Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) policies
Who may apply and application deadlines
- Rising and current seniors who have already begun working on their Senior Projects.
- The application deadline for projects carried out during the Fall ’20 semester is FRI., OCT 23, 2020 and for projects carried out during the Spring ’21 semester, FRI., MAR 19, 2021. These application deadlines will be strictly adhered to unless a strong case for an extension can be made in writing by the faculty member advising the student on the project.
- Project requests for the Spring 2021 semester will not begin to be reviewed until early January 2021.
How to apply
Applying for Senior Project funds is a two-step process:
- Students who are requesting these funds need to complete and submit the Senior Project Funding Application
- Faculty mentors will receive an e-mail version of the student’s application and must:
- Review the budget for accuracy.
- Confirmation that any necessary clearances have been obtained.
- Confirmation that an in-person meeting with the student has taken place to discuss the specifics of the request.
- Indicate their approval by forwarding the e-mail to Maureen Forrestal and Richelle Lamarr, (firstname.lastname@example.org) having typed “I approve and confirm that the necessary requirements have been met.” in the message section of the e-mail. Funding will not be considered without faculty approval.
Distribution of funds
Once the award has been announced, the student may request reimbursement for expenses.
In order to be reimbursed, follow the instructions below.
- Submit original receipts to your department’s Administrative Assistant for processing. It is best to submit all of the receipts together if possible. Be sure to mark each of the original receipts (no copies) with your name and the business purpose. Please note: Expenses should not be paid with the faculty mentor’s personal funds, including credit card.
- Provide the Administrative Assistant with your home address, campus box, and campus ID #. Forward the report confirmation email to the department admin. The completed check request form with receipts and confirmation of the completed report will then be submitted to Richelle Lamarr at box 2960 by the deadline date indicated on the award letter.
Please keep in mind that it is college policy that students cannot be issued a travel advance.