Selected readings for Civil War Archives Institute
A list of recommended readings for visiting scholars participating in the NEH Institute at Gettysburg College.
- David Blight, Jim Downs, eds., Beyond Freedom: Disrupting the History of Emancipation
- Marc Bloch, The Historian's Craft: Reflections on the Nature and Uses of History and the Techniques and Methods of Those Who Write It
- Marisa Fuentes, Dispossessed Lives: Enslaved Women, Violence, and the Archive
- Martha Hodes, The Sea Captain’s Wife: The Sea Captain's Wife: A True Story of Love, Race, and War in the Nineteenth Century
- Carol Reardon, Pickett’s Charge in History and Memory
- Carolyn Steedman, Dust: The Archive and Cultural History