The Alumni Association presents several awards each year in an effort to recognize and honor outstanding alumni.
The Distinguished Alumni Awards honor a maximum of four people each year for their professional and/or civic accomplishments post-Gettysburg. It's basically our “Alumni Hall of Fame” and includes people like Nobel Laureate Michael Bishop ’57, former UNICEF Executive Dir. Carol Bellamy ’63 and Academy-Award winning cinematographer Owen Roizman ’58. The awards are given during Commencement Weekend.
(The 2020 Distinguished Alumni Award winners will be honored in 2021; no nominees will be selected for 2021 DA awards.)
- The 2020 awardees were Helen Ann Souder Comstock ’54, Mary Hagerty Ehrsam ’90, Leon B. Glover, Jr. ’71, and Dale L. Miller ’68.
- All recipients, 1962-2020
The Meritorious Service Awards honor two people each year for their volunteer contributions to the College over a significant period of time.
- The 2020 awardees were John J. Duffy, III ’79 and Claudia Bard Veitch ’80.
- All recipients, 1935-2020
The Young Alumni Achievement Awards honor four “Young Alumni," defined as those who graduated within the last 15 years. Two are for Career Development and two are for Service to Gettysburg College.
- The 2020 awardees were Walter E. Kowtoniuk ’05 and Sneha Shrestha ’10 for Career Development and Justin R. Kollinger ’10 and Allison R. Meckley ’05 for Service.
- All recipients, 1982-2020
The Phyllis Hicks Utterback Silent Leader Award was awarded to Lorna J. Rice ’81 at the February 2020 Alumni Board of Directors meeting.