Encourage Your Students to Present
Celebration ’21 is ideally suited to those students in your department who have conducted substantive research, written exceptional papers, and/or created interesting projects in the visual and performing arts.
- Each student must complete the online registration form. They can apply individually or team up with a group. Students can present their projects in whatever format works best (poster, film, photo/recording of artwork, recorded performance, etc.)
Students You Have Mentored in Research
If you have a student or students that you have mentored in their work, please consider encouraging them to participate. Not only does each student need a sponsor - but sponsoring students for Celebration ’21 is a natural extension of doing research and creative work with them.
- By agreeing to sponsor a student, you are stating that their research/creative work is worthy of inclusion in Celebration ’21 and will assist the student with presentation preparation. You will receive an email notification of the student's registration. This email notification will ask you to confirm in writing that you agree to mentor this student. Confirmations should be forwarded to email@example.com with "I approve" in the body of the email.
Sponsoring Other Students
If a student approaches you who has done their research elsewhere -- such as during a study abroad program, off-campus internship, or REU -- we would ask that you serve as the student's sponsor, as long as you determine that the work is their own and that it meets with your standards.
- The student should note in their project description where the work was conducted and who the original mentor was, in order to give the host institution’s faculty member credit as well.
Faculty and staff are warmly invited and encouraged to visit this year's virtual Celebration ’21 website.
In addition, please urge all of your students to visit, even if they decide not to present this year.
- In this way, students can support their classmates and celebrate their achievements.
- What’s more, Celebration ’21 is a wonderful opportunity for first-year students to see what possibilities and experiences might be in store for them if they work hard.
Celebration ’21 encourages all of our students to learn about and appreciate high achievement in disciplines other than their own.