Dwight D. Eisenhower/Conrad N. Hilton Scholarship
The Center for Global Education and the Eisenhower Institute are pleased to announce that two $3,000.00 scholarships will be awarded to Gettysburg College students who plan to study globally during the spring 2023 semester.
The primary purpose of the Dwight D. Eisenhower/Conrad N. Hilton Scholarship is to help U.S. students study globally, thereby encouraging and assisting students who bring a strong international orientation to their studies; exhibit, through extracurricular activities, an interest and awareness of the role they can perform in bettering the world; and show through their career aspirations and corresponding curriculum choices, an appreciation of the role that international travel, global trade, and cross-cultural exchange can play in fostering international understanding and world peace.
The scholarship is for Gettysburg College juniors in any major who are applying for global study during the spring 2023 semester. Students must have a 3.0 grade point average, can be from any academic discipline and must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident. Applicants are awarded on merit.
Recipients are required to submit a reflection about their experience for the Eisenhower Institute blog upon completion of their program.
Completed applications are due by 11:59 p.m. on October 15, 2022.
Applications should include:
- applicant’s academic transcript;
- a résumé reflecting work experience and outside activities;
- an essay (not more than 1,000 words) which includes which global study program the candidate is applying for; information about the applicant’s career aspirations; and how his or her course work and global study program relate to the purpose of this scholarship;
- a letter of recommendation from a faculty member who has taught the candidate;
- a copy of a 10-15 page paper written by the student, preferably from a course in his or her major field of study
Transcripts and letters of recommendation can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or paper copies may be sent to the EI office (campus box 2988.) Interviews are not required. However, the Grants Committee has the discretion to hold interviews if it desires to do so. If you have additional questions, please contact CGE at: email@example.com or call (717) 337-6866.
NOTE: Applicants who are receiving financial aid of other kinds from Gettysburg College or elsewhere should be aware that the awarding of an Eisenhower/Hilton scholarship may impact the overall financial aid package they currently receive. If you have additional questions about the scholarship, please contact the Center for Global Education at firstname.lastname@example.org or (717) 337-6866.