The Peer Learning Associates Program fosters mentoring relationships between faculty and their Peer Learning Associates and between students at different stages of their academic careers. Peer Learning Associates work closely with the faculty who selected them to enhance peer learning in a variety of ways, e.g., facilitating discussions or group projects in or outside class, running planned review or practice sessions or supplemental labs, and helping students through group or one-on-one tutoring.
- Please consider making one-to-one tutoring available to students in your classes through PLA responsibilities. Finding tutors later in the semester who are not already course PLAs can be very difficult.
- Funds for students participating in the PLA program should be used to contribute directly to student learning and are not meant to support primarily administrative tasks.
- Grading or evaluating student work is not an appropriate function for PLAs.
- For those departments whose total requests are in excess of $3000, we will consult with the Department Chair about cost sharing and prioritization of needs.
Information, Instructions, and Forms about our Peer Learning Associates Program are available from the Academic Advising web page.
- Instructions for completing the online forms
- Fall 2019 PLA Budget Request Form
- Spring 2020 PLA Budget Request Form
DUE DATE for ONLINE Requests for Fall 2019 AND Spring 2020 requests: FRIDAY, 26 April 2019.