Fall Course Planning/Summer Advisor – a staff/faculty member who is assigned to connect with students in early June to help students plan and create their fall course schedule. This person may or may not be your Faculty Advisor.
- This partnership is intended to prepare students for Course Registration, which begins on June 21.
Faculty Advisor – a faculty member who is assigned to incoming students beginning in August and continues through the time a student declares a major (typically no later than the end of the Sophomore Year).
- The guiding principle for a Faculty Advisor assignment is weekly, regular, frequent interaction in one of the four courses a student takes in the first semester. Students will have an opportunity to send their Faculty Advisor information about themselves, their interests, goals, concerns, etc. later in the summer after assignments have been made.
Sophomores may continue their advising relationship with their first-year advisors, or they may select another faculty member in a field they’re considering as a major. Once an academic major is chosen (which must be no later than the beginning of the student’s junior year), a member of the student’s major department becomes the student’s advisor.
Contact a Dean
|2024||Dean Hannah Sollenbergerfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|2025||Dean Hannah Sollenbergeremail@example.com|
|2026||Dean Renica Minottfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|2027||Dean Coleen Beddickemail@example.com|
Information for Faculty
Having trouble downloading information from the Faculty Center? Your browser settings may need to be adjusted.
- Instructions: Required Browser Settings for the Faculty Center (PDF).
- Getting to the Faculty Center (PDF)
- Faculty Center Front Page (PDF): What information can you access from this page?
- Class Roster (PDF): What information is available on your CLASS roster?
- Logging/Viewing Course Progress Reports (PDF)
- Accessing Advisees (PDF): How to access your OWN Advisees and New Drop-In Advisees.
- Advisee Roster (PDF): Advisee Roster Format and what information is available on and from your Advisee Roster.
- Major/Minor Reporting Instructions (PDF)
- First Year Advising and Registration Guide (FYARG)
- Faculty Resource Guide
- Interpreting SAT scores
- AP, IB, and A-Level Exam Equivalencies
- Gettysburg Curriculum Chart
Second Language Study