Empowering Gettysburgians to create and pursue meaningful futures.
The Center for Career Engagement supports students and alumni as they engage in and reflect on their career and college experience while cultivating their connection to the global Gettysburg Network. We foster relationships with campus community partners and guide students to robust opportunities which help them to capitalize on their liberal arts education.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
The Center for Career Engagement is committed to fostering inclusive environments that celebrate, recognize, and respect the worth, dignity, and intersectional identities of each person. We continue to support the pursuit of meaningful futures and self-advocacy, acknowledging that not everyone has equal access to career-related opportunities and networks. In support of the College’s DEI mission to dismantle systems of oppression, Career Engagement will work towards:
- Creating spaces for students to explore and embrace how diversity intersects with their own career development process and influences their career choices.
- Incorporating diverse student experiences, backgrounds, and perspectives in the development and delivery of career programming.
- Identifying and elevating employers committed to inclusive hiring practices as well as addressing inequality in the workplace.
- Partnering with relevant stakeholders to seek out and expand funding for internships and various career-related experiences.
- Continuing to develop timely resources and education on social justice and inclusion related to career pathways for students, faculty, and staff.
- Investing in our own staff development and growth in DEI, anti-racism, and social justice work, including confronting biases and injustices.