The Center for Career Engagement utilizes Handshake to promote all career-related opportunities to the students. Employers can:
- Post full-time and part-time jobs
- Post internships
- Request dates for on-campus events and interviews
- Register virtual events
Handshake Posting Policy
Career Engagement reviews and vets all employer registrations and job/internship postings made to the college’s Handshake system in an effort to decrease fraudulent postings.
Employer accounts in Handshake must include:
- Company/Organization name
- Contact name
- Company/Organization email address that is associated with the website domain (e.g., email@example.com). No Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, Outlook, etc. domain names will be accepted.
- An active organization website address that provides clear, detailed information about the company including its geographic location(s). Social media sites, such as Facebook or LinkedIn, cannot be substituted for the company website.
Employers must not impose fees or initial investments upon students/alumni in order to become an employee of the organization. This does not include industry or occupational licensure fees that may need to be covered by the employee (e.g., insurance, real estate, etc.).
Employers offering full-time positions must offer a salary or a salary with commission. Positions CANNOT be commission-only.
Home-based businesses, teaching English abroad agencies, and private homes are currently ineligible to participate in any recruiting services, including posting on Handshake.
Third-party recruiters may participate in on-campus recruiting services only if they are hiring for their own organization. Third-party agencies may not use any resumes obtained from on-campus recruitment efforts for referral to any other employer or client unless permission from the student/alumnus/alumna is explicitly and voluntarily given.
We do not offer paper job postings or physical job boards. All postings will be directed to Handshake.