Weekly Shares Offered June 1 – October 12, 2022
How the CSA works
We are selling both weekly and biweekly shares. You can also choose your weeks (minimum 6).
The weekly share costs $440. The biweekly share costs $240. If you choose to purchase by the week (minimum of 6 weeks), the weekly cost is $25.
The weekly share is 20 weeks of produce from June 1 – Oct 12, 2022. The biweekly share is 10 weeks offered every other week during that period. Please note that exact start and end dates will be determined based on produce availability, which depends on weather and other growing conditions.
- The size of the share is ample for a family of 4.
Pick-up will be at the Painted Turtle Farm on Wednesdays from 10am-3pm.
Types of vegetables that will be available include:
SPRING: Spinach, Kale, Collards, Baby Greens Mix, Lettuce (head and mix), Radish, Beets, Peas, Herbs, Asparagus, Joi Choi Greens
SUMMER: Tomatoes, Basil, Cucumbers, Collards, Fennel, Zucchini, Cucumber, Kale, Kohlrabi, Summer Squash, Eggplant, Peppers, Potatoes, Swiss Chard, Turnip, Beans, Onion, Garlic, Cut Flowers
FALL: Carrots, Spinach, Eggplant, Tomatoes, Leeks, Winter Squash, Beans, Beets, Radish, Onion, Turnip, Peas, Kohlrabi, Swiss Chard, Cut Flowers
- Time and convenience, your share will be ready when you arrive for a quick and easy pick up on campus.
- You will receive an assortment of fresh seasonal vegetables, herbs and flowers as they become available every week.
- You will know exactly where your food came from and how it was produced. We are Certified Naturally Grown which means we don't use any synthetic fertilizers, pesticides, herbicides, fungicides or GMO seeds, just like organic farms.
- You will be supporting a campus movement for sustainability and food justice
- You will have the opportunity to visit the farm, get to know the students and community members growing the vegetables, participate in community potlucks at PTF and join educational sessions about gardening.
- In joining the CSA, members have chosen to partner with the PTF farmers, sharing in both the risks and bounty.
- Though PTF will provide members with the best produce possible, there may be times when production is impacted by variables that are out of our control (weather and other growing conditions)
- Members will not receive their money back if, for whatever reason, they decide to discontinue shares once the season has started.