On this page:
The program goal is to provide the opportunity for employees to take up to eight (8) courses as a non-matriculated student (Guest Student) to meet some specific educational needs, career objectives or personal enrichment interests.
Guest Students must be a secondary school graduate or equivalent. Successful completion of high school coursework and/or any college-level work is required. While Gettysburg College graduates are eligible for the Guest Student program, courses earned will not be added to the previous undergraduate record. High school students interested in becoming a Guest student must get special permission from the Director of Admissions.
- Email the Admissions Office and request the Guest Student Application
- Complete the Guest Student application form
- Obtain instructor signature for the desired course(s).
- Submit the application, high school transcript, and college transcripts (if courses have been taken at the college level), to the Admissions Office by August 1st for fall and December 19th for spring. (If you are applying as a continuing Guest Student, a Gettysburg College transcript is required as a part of the admissions process.)
- Non-employee Guest Students who want to enroll in more than two courses may be required to interview with the Admissions Office.
- Guest Students are enrolled on a part-time basis in one or two courses in a given semester.
- Guest Students are limited to a total of eight course enrollments, provided the student is in good academic and social standing.
- Full-time non-employee Guest Student enrollment must be approved by the Admissions Office and is limited to one term. An interview is required.
Gettysburg College employees
Gettysburg College employees may participate in the Guest Student program as a part of the fringe benefits provided by the College. The cost of tuition is paid by the College for eligible employees, their spouses/partners for up to two courses per semester. The employee must complete the proper paperwork in the Human Resources Office in order to have the tuition benefit applied toward the cost of the course. You must make these arrangements by August 15th for the fall semester and January 2nd for spring semester.
Continuation of enrollment as a Guest Student
Continuation of Guest Student enrollment is dependent on maintaining good academic and social standing. A new Guest Student application must be completed and submitted to the Admissions Office at least four weeks before the beginning of each semester (new secondary school records do not need to be submitted). Guest Students interested in being considered as a matriculated student must file the Common application with the Admissions Office by the appropriate deadline date. There is no guarantee of admission as a full-time matriculated student.
The Guest Student tuition fee is $4,160 per course unit for the 2023-2024 academic year, payable by August 14, 2023 for the fall semester and by January 8, 2024 for the spring semester.
Guest Students who are not College employees, during the term in which they are enrolled, are eligible for:
- Enrollment in regular course offerings
- Library privileges (library card issued after registration from Registrar’s Office)
- Parking privileges by purchasing a parking sticker from the Department of Public Safety
- Full college credit for course(s) successfully completed (each course unit = 4 semester hours)
- CNAV (College Navigation) access
- Gettysburg College email account
Please note that as a non-employee Guest Student you will not be issued a student ID card and thus are not permitted to use facilities for which an ID card is required. Guest Students are not eligible to participate in student clubs, organizations, and varsity athletic programs.
Honor Code and student conduct
Gettysburg College seeks to establish and maintain an environment which provides for the development of the student as a whole person with an emphasis on inquiry, integrity and mutual respect. Guest Students are expected to know and abide by the Gettysburg College Honor Code and all College policies pertaining to their conduct. For information regarding the College policies, please read the Student Handbook.
|Eisenhower House, 717-337-6100
|College Union Building, 2nd Floor, 717-337-6240
|Academic Advising and Student Support Services
|College Union Building, 2nd Floor, 717337-6579
|Department of Public Safety (parking information)
|Stevens St., 717-337-6912
|Human Resources (for college employees)
|1st floor Pennsylvania Hall, 717-337-6165
Special reminders for Support Staff by the Support Staff Council
- You must be a full-time staff employee who has completed at least one year of service at Gettysburg College, to be eligible.
- The Registrar’s Office in the College Union will provide information about available courses and the instructors for each course. Descriptions of courses are in the College catalogue available at Admissions or at the Registrar's Office.
- The place and time of the course you take is available at the Registrar's Office.
- Books need not be bought until after the first class.
- Keep all receipts for textbook purchases if you intend to apply for reimbursement from the Development Grant Program.