The Support Staff Tuition Aid Program is designed to provide financial assistance to Support Staff members who are taking undergraduate college courses at other colleges and universities in the local region. It is intended to aid Support Staff in increasing their knowledge and abilities and thereby enhancing their professional development and employment opportunities with the College.
The program is available to support staff members who meet the following requirements:
- The individual must be a full-time support staff employee.
- The employee must be employed by the College for a minimum of two years.
- The employee must be enrolled in an undergraduate academic bachelor's degree program.
- The employee must be enrolled in a credit course.
How to Apply
Eligible employees interested in applying for tuition aid should submit a proposal form to the Human Resources before enrolling in the course. Request for Support Staff Tuition Aid forms can be obtained from a Human Resources and Risk Management Office staff member.
The approval of the aid and the amount of the aid provided will be at the discretion of the Co-Directors of Human Resources. The amount will not exceed the cost of four courses per fiscal year (June 1 - May 31). Once a decision has been made, the employee will be notified.
Funding will not be considered when:
- The course is through distance learning or correspondence.
- The course is not an undergraduate course, that is part of a bachelor's degree program.
- The course is not part of a diploma program.
Reimbursement of aid will be required when:
- The Support Staff member does not pass the course.
- The Support Staff member withdraws from the course.
- The Support Staff member leaves the employment of the College prior to the completion of the course.
Following the completion of the course, the Support Staff member must provide the Human Resources with a copy of their transcript indicating the successful completion of the course. Aid may not be provided if the employee is on probation or processes the request for aid after course enrollment.