Start a New Club or Organization
So you want to get involved on campus, but don’t see the club or organization you are interested in, no worries. It’s easy to start your own organization. The Office of Student Activities & Greek Life has established a procedure for students interested in beginning a new club or organization. Please use the following Registration Checklist as a guide in progressing through the registration process.
Submit Registration Form, including Constitution, online.
- Draft a Constitution (PDF)/ Bylaws
- Elect at least two executive board officers
- All Presidents must have a 2.2 GPA
- If your club wants to be student Senate Recognized, then they must have a President, Treasurer, and Student Senate Representative on the board. Thus, the club must consist of a minimum of at least two executive board members if President or Treasurer is the Student Senate Representative or three executive board members if another person is acting as the club’s Student Senate Representative in either case.
- Attain a minimum of six members
- If a group does not have enough members, Cathy Zarrella will assist the group to reserve one (1) general meeting space. This will only occur once a semester. Cathy Zarella will contact the group once the space has been reserved.
- Attain an advisor who is considered full-time faculty (not on a sabbatical), staff, or administrator.
- Meet with the Student Clubs Liaison or Caitlin Lindsay, Associate Director of Student Activities and Greek Life. To set up a meeting email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The President must meet with the Student Clubs Liaison or Caitlin Lindsay. Clubs are welcome to meet with either the Student Clubs Liaison or Caitlin Lindsay at any point of the registration process.
- Complete the Registration Form
- Coming Soon! - We have an amazing new student engagement website/app that we'll be unveiling soon
- Advisor Confirmation
- Your listed advisor will be emailed to confirm their role in your organization.
- Membership Roster in EngageGettysburg.
*Review of forming clubs will occur every Friday. Once all the forms have been handed in and the President has met with the Student Club Liaison or Caitlin Lindsay, the Student Clubs Liaison will email the club’s President to let them know that the club has been approved.
Rolling Basis for New Student Organizations during the academic year
- Organizations have until the last day of classes of the current semester to get all their materials in to be eligible to participate in the Activities Fair
See the Manage a Club tab for additional information and resources for clubs and organizations.