Funds for Student Professional Papers and Conferences (SPPC)
Types of projects supported:
- Attendance by students at professional meetings. Due to budget constraints, only students who are presenting a paper or poster at the conference will be considered for support.
- Only one request may be awarded to a student per fiscal year, (June 1 through May 31).
- No more than five (5) students per faculty member will be supported to attend any one conference.
Who may apply/Application Deadlines
- All students with the sponsorship of a faculty member within their department/program.
|Semester||Date of Conference||Application Period||Reimbursement Deadline
(date by which receipts are received)
|Summer Break||June 1 - Aug 27||May 1 - Aug 18||Sept 1|
|Fall Semester||Aug 28 - Dec 8||Aug 14 - Dec 1||Dec 11|
|Winter Break||Dec 9 - Jan 21||Dec 1 - Jan 15||Jan 26|
|Spring Semester||Jan 22 - May 31||Jan 1 - Apr 13||May 12|
How to Apply:
Applying for SPPC funds is a two-step process:
- Students who are requesting these funds need to fill out the Provost Student Professional Papers and Conferences Funding Application
- Faculty mentors will receive an e-mail version of the student’s application and, upon review, will be asked to indicate their approval by forwarding the e-mail to Maureen Forrestal and Paula Baer, having typed “I approve” in the message section of the e-mail. It should be noted that, ideally, the student and the faculty mentor will have met in person to discuss the specifics of the request but the approval process itself will be done via e-mail.
Distribution of Funds
- Once the award has been announced, the student may request reimbursement for expenses. Students should submit original receipts along with their full names, home address, and student ID number to their department administrative assistant, who will complete a check reimbursement form and send it to Paula Baer at campus box 2960. No travel advances will be issued.
- Awards will be issued while funds are available.