Please note: Currently we have minimal funds to support student research. Please check with the anthropology department chair before applying, to confirm if funding is still available.
Lambda Alpha - The National Anthropology Honors Society
Theta of Pennsylvania - Gettysburg College
Lambda Alpha is the national honor society for Anthropology. Its purpose is to encourage and stimulate scholarship and research in Anthropology by recognizing and honoring superior achievement in the discipline among students engaged in the study of Anthropology.
- student must be an anthropology major or minor
- he or she must have completed at least four courses in anthropology (none S/U)
- he or she must be a junior or senior
- he or she must have a minimum GPA of 3.6 in anthropology classes
- the student must have a minimum GPA of 3.5 overall
Activities Sponsored by the Department
Every spring (usually in late March/early April) the department hosts an induction ceremony and dinner. The department also presents members with honor cords to wear at graduation.
Optional Honors Thesis
Lambda Alpha members are automatically eligible to complete an honors thesis in their senior year and encouraged to do so. For more information on an honors thesis, please see your advisor or consult the instructional documents filed on the Angel site.
Donna Perry, faculty sponsor: email@example.com