*Students from the Class of 2020 and 2021 should refer to the 2018 Check Sheet and see the Department Chair.
Eleven courses to be distributed as indicated below. Students majoring in Classics are not permitted to earn a minor in Greek or Latin. All Classics students should consider Study Abroad and consult with their advisors about appropriate course work while abroad.
TWO courses of Introductory Survey
- 2 Introductory Courses from the following list: CLA 103, CLA 130, CLA/HIST 102, ANTH 106.
- 1 CLA course at the 300-level
- 2 CLA courses at the 200 or 300-level
- 4 Latin or Greek courses, 102-level or above
- 1 Extra-disciplinary course from the following list: ANTH 221, 235, 300; ENG 298, 299; ES 230, 263; HIST300; PHIL 205; POL102; THA 203; ARTH 201; or other course approved by the department
- Capstone Seminar (CLA 400) or approved CLA 464 or other 400-level course
Total Courses Required: 11
Classics Minor Check Sheet
Classics Minor Check Sheet - Effective with the Class of 2022
SIX courses are required:
- No more than 2 Introductory Courses from the following: CLA 103, CLA 130, CLA/HIST 102, ANTH 106.
- Any Classics course beyond the 100 level, or any Greek or Latin course at any level.
A minor in Greek (GRK) shall consist of any six courses at any level; OR any five courses in Greek (GRK) at any level, plus one course in Classics (CLA) at any level. (See course offerings under “Greek.”)
Any six courses in Latin (LAT) at any level; OR any five courses in Latin (LAT) at any level, plus one course in Classics (CLA) at any level. (See course offerings under “Latin.”)