Many resources are available to help you pursue a Chinese Studies major.
Chinese Language Table
Practice casual Chinese conversation at the Chinese Language Table! Students gather every other Tuesday, noon to 1:00 p.m. at a reserved table at Servo during the Spring 2022 semester. Go through the Dining Center using your ID and then sit at the reserved table.
Chinese language resources
- HSK Chinese Proficiency Test, an international standardized test of Chinese language proficiency. HSK assesses non-native Chinese speakers’ abilities in using the Chinese language in their daily, academic and professional lives. HSK consists of six levels.
- Chinese Dictionary. Lots of usage examples, synonyms, and antonyms. App is also available.
- UNI language resources. Online grammar and other learning resources.
- Mandarin tools: language tools. Flashcards, dictionaries, character writing resources, and other tools for people who are already studying and using Chinese.
- Yellow Bridge. Dictionaries, tools, and resources for learning Chinese
Gettysburg College partners with SIT and CET Study Abroad programs to offer study and internship opportunities in Beijing, Kunming, and Shanghai.
Asian Student Alliance
The Asian Student Alliance at Gettysburg College strives to provide the campus with a community to discuss, exchange, and share Asian student interests, issues, and experiences.
China Club meets regularly to create valuable opportunities for college members to share Chinese culture, practice Chinese, and embrace diversity.
The mission of the International Club is to promote a multicultural exchange of perspectives between international and American students, faculty, administrators, staff, and members of the local community.
Musselman Library Asian Art Collection
Includes some 2,000 objects from across Asia, ranging from approximately 1700 BCE to the 20th century.
Center for Career Engagement
The on-campus source for networking, internships, career counseling, and much more.
Institutions and organizations