Most of our sociology graduates enter the workplace after graduation, working in business, education, media and communications, health care, youth services, government, the nonprofit sector, and other career fields. Others go directly to graduate or professional school, though most tend to work for a year or two before pursuing further study. Gettysburg graduates have attended top graduate programs in sociology and in fields such as law, counseling, and international relations, among others.
Gettysburg sociology majors who have attended graduate school, as well as those in management and research positions, report that the courses they took in the department-particularly those in research methodology and data analysis-distinguish them from their peers and put them on a solid footing for advancement.
Graduate and Professional Schools Attended by Recent Sociology Graduates
- American University Washington College of Law
- George Washington University, museum studies
- Georgetown University, public policy
- New School University, international politics
- Northeastern University School of Law
- University of California at Davis, community studies
- University of Chicago School of Social Work
- University of Pennsylvania School of Social Policy and Practice
- Villanova University School of Law